star baby quilt

Hi friends, happy 2016 to you all!!!

Is your new year off to a good start? I hope it is. Ours has been rocky, not at all what I have imagined, as it included a very serious health emergency and hospital stay for one of my kids. Life can sometimes seriously stink, don't you think?

And thus sewing time has been pretty hard to come by. I do, however, need to sew and make things on a regular basis to keep my sanity intact, so I found little bits of time here and there to make this super simple baby quilt.


I used a tutorial by Amy Smart. It was such an easy and quick little quilt, and I loved that the pattern was written for 10" squares as I had quite a few of those already cut out and waiting for just the right project.

Plus, I'm quite smitten with all the striking one block quilts that seem to be all the rage these days. 

How about you? What have you been up to? Any fun projects in the making?

Wishing you all a super lovely week. Svetlana