restraint


Hello, happy Sunday.

How is your weekend going? I hope it's going well and you have time to relax and take it easy. That's pretty much what we're doing these days, staying home, taking it easy, trying to get over this nasty flu/ cold/ cough that's been going around. And, we're also wishing very, very hard for spring to finally show up.

Staying at home, of course, means some sewing time. Nothing huge, just a few small projects here and there.


This patchwork pouch was such a great exercise in restraint. As you know, I usually go all out and make very colorful things, so this time I limited myself to pink, yellow, and black/ gray. And white, of course. 


I must say, this was fun! I should do things like that more often. Plus, I really like this color combo and I'm thinking it would make for a wonderful baby girl quilt. But first I have to get some more pinks in my stash.


Oh, but when it came to the zipper all the restraint went out the window and I had to go with this bright turquoise one. I love how it contrasts and complements the patchwork all at the same time.

So, I've been wondering. Do you have your favorite go to colors or do you like to mix things up. Do tell.